MECAL is a fast-growing, global engineering organisation, headquartered in Enschede, the Netherlands. With Dutch offices located in Enschede, Groningen, Eindhoven and our US-based office in Virginia MECAL employs approximately 125 people worldwide. We offer a wide range of innovative, high-tech products and services to Semiconductor- and related High Tech Systems industry in close cooperation with outstanding partners.
Products and Services
MECAL provides all competencies needed to develop mechatronic products from specification phase into series production. Within our ISO controlled product generation process MECAL manages and carries out the entire project from specification until hardware realisation in house. For our Mechatronic Development team in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, we are looking for a:
Mechanical Designer (Eindhoven)
The Mechanical Designer is a member of a multidisciplinary project team and is directed in his daily work by the Project Manager and Lead designer. The Mechanical designer designs and realises mechatronic systems in a multidisciplinary team, from a concept stage to a prototype or (small) series.
- Prepares and completes design and/or development proposals based on customer requirements.
- Supports concept designs with (hand)calculations
- Creates and presents transparent, clear reports and presentations on development proposals.
- Develops design proposals in 3D CAD models and subsequently into drawings.
- Works effectively within the project team, adapts to different project stages and adequately adjusts his role to the project stage.
- Education in Mechanical Engineering at Bachelor (HBO) or Master (WO) level.
- Up-to-date knowledge of technologies and techniques within the work field.
- Good knowledge of mechanical constructions and skills in designing them.
- Proficiency in translating theory into practical designs.
- Good knowledge of customer needs and requirements.
- Basic knowledge of different stages in a development/design process or project.
- Proficiency in using 3D CAD software.
- Good knowledge of construction principles, stiffness and dynamics.
- You have the potential to grow toward a technical lead.
- Take ownership, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Combine creativity with pragmatic designs.
- Solution oriented with a drive for logic and simplicity.
- Being able to switch between in depth analysis and broad, system level approach.
- You say what you do and do what you say.
- Critical to yourself and others.
- Good expression skills, especially in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Working in teams with enthusiastic colleagues in a fast-growing, internationally oriented organisation.
- A dynamic and ambitious working environment with short communication lines and much room for own initiative and personal development.
- Excellent career and education opportunities.
- Excellent primary and secondary employee benefits.
For more information you can contact Mr. Jeroen de Kort (Manager Development and Engineering) at +31 (0)40 230 27 00 or email email@example.com. You can send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Ms. Elles Boerrigter (HRM).
Acquisition is not appreciated. No rights or obligations can be derived from proposing candidates without instructions.